Sunday, July 25, 2010

Scoop - Gelato, London, UK

40 Shorts Gardens
Covent Garden, London, WC2H9AB, United Kingdom
Tel: 0871 971 6261
Parking: limited street parking, nearest tube: Covent Garden

Last Visited: July 7, 2010

Food: 4 stars
Atmosphere: 3 stars
Service: 3 to 4 stars
Price: $ to $$

There's nothing like seeing a gelato place just around the corner from where you're staying to make me a happy camper. The Seven Dials Hotel housed me for a couple of nights, and much to my delight when I was exploring the neighborhood, Scoop was very close by. I knew I would have to make a stop.

After spending the day meandering around London seeing everything from Kensington Palace to Harrod's, we stopped off at Scoop to enjoy some of the many fresh flavors of gelato offered. Scoop focuses on organic and locally sourced ingredients. It had a colorful decor - some brown and orange in the mix. Behind the glass window, you'll see about sixteen mounds of flavorful gelato featured. The see-thru containers containing brightly colored chocolate candies that sit on top of the counter just add to the inviting feeling of Scoop.

There are three sizes of gelato available - Small, 2.80 pounds, which allows you to try two flavors, Medium, 3.60 pounds, that allows you to try three flavors, and a Large size, 4.20 pounds, is also available. Cup or cone are available as well as toppings and tea/coffee offerings.

I tried a medium cup with three flavors - coconut, melon, and hazelnut. Each was delicious and fresh - oh how I love gelato, let me count the ways.

In the rear are a few small tables. There's not a whole lot of space, but on this weekday afternoon, we sat in the back and enjoyed our yummy gelat. This is a great treat if you are in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment