Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Taste of the Himalayas - Sonoma

464 First St East, Sonoma CA 95476
Parking: street parking
(707) 996-1161

Last Visited: 2003

Food: 3 to 4 stars
Atmosphere: 3 stars
Service: 3 stars
Price: $$ to $$$

Taste of the Himalayas offers a new flavor for Sonoma, and is particularly rare in Sonoma County. The restaurant is small, but quaint. The facility is family operated. The decorations include pictures of scenery from the Himalayas. If you plan to dine here during peak hours, you may wish to make reservations, otherwise you’ll be in for a wait. There is minimal patio seating.

I don’t remember the specific dishes I tried. I know that I tasted a Tandoori chicken dish and a curry dish. Both were flavorful and good. Service was fair during my visit because the place was packed. Since I was seated near the kitchen, it also wasn’t the most ambient spot and the evening was hot. Ventilation could be improved. I found the food offered to be unique and would certainly be willing to visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment