Tuesday, April 2, 2024

El Faro Mexican Food - South San Francisco

 435 El Camino Real, South San Francisco CA 94080
(650) 589-6288
Parking: parking lot
Hours: 8am-9pm Daily

Last Updated: March 24, 2024

While it's hard to do a review on one single item during one single visit, I was so pleased with my Happy Burrito from El Faro that I decided to post this review.  

I've been driving/walking by this place for over a decade and never stopped in until this day and while I didn't even set foot inside, their drive thru is so accessible and convenient, that I'm disappointed that I hadn't tried it before.  They've been around since 1961 after all.

- Happy Burrito - While this name isn't exactly common (unlike Super Burrito), I figured I would give it a true.  Who doesn't like lettuce and tomatoes with their super burrito (rice, beans, guacamole, sour cream, and your choice of meat)? I chose to go with carnitas, my standard for a first try.  The burrito was filled with meat and the contents distributed well.  Blurry photo, but all was tasty and moist as it should be. Great. It even comes with a small bag of chips and two small containers of red salsa.  No complaints. While prices are climbing like everything else out there, they do offer their menu at cash prices and you can pay the extra 3+% for paying with credit.  I can't remember the exact price, but it was about $10+ before tax

So take it with a grain of salt considering the small sample size, but I would recommend El Faro and hope to be back soon to try out more of their menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment