Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Italian Affair - Santa Rosa

1055 4th Street, Santa Rosa, CA 95404

(707) 528-3336
Parking: in parking lot
Open: Wed - Fri 11:30am-9pm, Sat - Sun 5pm - 9pm

Last Visited: March 17, 2004

Food: 2 stars
Atmosphere: 3 stars
Service: 3 stars
Price: $$ to $$$

The inside of Italian Affair looks pretty nice, but I didn’t get a good glimpse inside since I was seated outside. It was a sunny day, and we chose to sit on the deck. There’s not much to share about the atmosphere outside. This Victorian building is set far enough back that the noise from the street below wasn’t very noticeable. Umbrellas were placed above the table to reduce the sunlight.

The lunch menu had a variety of pastas, salads, and meat entrees. French bread and butter arrives at your table while you review the menu.

- Mixed green salad – Fresh lettuce is nicely dressed with Italian dressing. I didn’t find this dish to be particularly exciting. Fairly average with not a whole lot of flavor, but no problems either. $3.75

- Cappellini Pomodoro – Fresh tomato chunks and basil are served over cappellini. I found the chunks of tomato to be too large and overwhelming. The cappellini was al dente, and the flavor was good, but it wasn’t anything special. I can’t rave about the dish. $9.50

The food seemed very average to me. Not great, but nothing bad either. Service is better than average. I found some of the napkins and glasses to have some blemishes that could be washed away, so I wasn’t as impressed with my experience.

After my meal, I didn’t feel very good. I had some reservations about Italian Affair from my family’s past experience there without me. However, my visit confirmed the reason for my hesitation/angst. I have heard some great things about Italian Affair, but my experience wasn’t able to confirm the reason for their reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment